Tuesday, April 12, 2022

The Treasure of Books

 

The vast majority of writers are also people who love books. They are the ones who wander into a bookstore and get swept up before the door finishes closing. The ones who plan to read one more chapter, but cannot stop and often read far into the night. Today's post brings you several posters I found about books and the joy of reading. 


This one is a tree we would all like to have on our patio or deck or screened-in porch. It requires no water, and it is yours to pluck a new book just like a flower or leaf.



This one describes me well. I can become completely lost in a good story. How about you?




Dear Snoopy knows what to feed us. Even his little buddy sits atop a pile of books while reading his own. Snoopy is welcome to bring his barrow filled with books to my house at any time. 




I feel that reading to children is one of the most important things a parent can do. The poster tells us that doing so teaches little ones to associate books with love and affection. As a grandmother, I was so pleased when I saw that the parents of my grandchildren provided many, many books for their children and that they read to them on a daily basis. 




There is truth in this poster's words. I love a home where books are in plain sight--on bookshelves and on end tables or other spots. Books should be where they can be picked up easily. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Addressing Widowhood

Christina Hamlett has been a Guest Blogger here numerous times. An accomplished novelist, playwright, interviewer, former actress--the list ...