Let's try a photo prompt today. Usually, I choose a scene with a person or people in it. Many parts to study. With this one you'll need a little more imagination.
There are four gifts under a Christmas tree. Consider that one of them holds a very special gift. Write a short story, or even a few paragraphs about the four gifts and the one that is special. If; you enjoy writing poetry, try a narrative poem for the exercise.
Before you begin, ask yourself:
- Where does the story take place?
- Who will receive that one special gift?
- Why is that person getting a special gift?
- What did you have to go through to get the gift?
- Where did you go to get the gift?
- Did you have enough money or not?
- What is the person's reaction when he/she opens the gift?
- How does the giver feel when the gift has been received?
- What period of time is this taking place?
- What is the gift?
- The packages are wrapped in simple paper and twine with a sprig of greenery. Is this significant?