Sing to me of
and rainbow skies,
of baseball games and
ice cream cones,
Tell me about
white sand beaches
and clear blue lakes,
county fairs and
lightning bugs and
---Nancy Julien Kopp
Right now, we in the northern hemisphere are switching into summer clothes, end-of-school festivities and ready to jump into those things we only dream about on cold, winter days.
I haven't done a post on your childhood memories to be put into your Family Stories Book for quite some time. Today seemed like a good time to do that. Think back to your growing-up years. The questions below should help trigger some memories that you can write about and add to your book. Or it may trigger an idea for a poem like mine above, or a story.
- What did your school do to mark the end of the school year?
- Where did you swim?
- What summer chores did you have?
- Who did you play with on summer days?
- Did you read books?
- Were you into sports?
- What kind of foods did you mother serve in summer?
- Did you go on long hikes or bike rides?
- Do you remember big summer thunderstorms?
- Did family come to visit during the summer?
- Did your family visit others in your famly?
- Did you hve an annual family reunion?
- What was it like in your house on very hot days?
- How did you cool off?
- What were your favorite summer beverages?