Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Adding One More Anthology


A new anthology showed up in my mailbox yesterday. Flashlight Memories was published by Silver Boomer Books. It's a collection of nonfiction stories about books and reading, some poetry regarding the same, as well.

I have a story in the book titled "My Path To Books" which is one I'd written long before I saw the call for submissions for this anthology. Reading has been a love of mine ever since my mother first read a picture book to me about a Mr. Flibbertyjibbet. It was the spark that ignited my passion for books that has lasted a lifetime.

Anyone who enjoys reading and loves books would probably find this group of stories a satisfying read. You can find it at Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-Memories-Ginny-Greene/dp/0982624352/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302617909&sr=8-1 for a reduced price of $11.90. You might also be able to locate it at your local bookstore. If the store does not have it, they are usually happy to order the book for a customer.

Go to http://silverboomerbooks.com/submissions.html to learn about other calls for submission from Silver Boomer Books. They do not pay as well as some of the other anthologies, but they produce a nice book and were good people to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loyalty Seems to Be Missing Lately

 All the things I read in the newspapers and hear on tv lately are disturbing. One more thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem...