Friday, July 9, 2021

An Extra Post for Subscribers to This Blog

 






I let you know a couple weeks ago that I had an unexpected problem in sending the blog posts to subscribers. Previously, Blogger had automatically sent them via Google. That has been happening for the almost 12 years I have been producing posts on this blog. For whatever reason, Google said they would no longer do this after July, 2020. 

Being a writer, not a technology person, I looked for help from a technology person. One recommended to me had problems getting into my blog. and had to keep changing times we could work together. Next, I tried to find an email subscription service to take the place of Google. The first one I tried ended up in total disaster. I tried a second one with the help of an IT guy here at our senior living complex. He was not real familiar with the process either, but he did know more than I and helped me get an account set up. 

Then nothing happened! No email of the daily post was sent. Yesterday, I accidentally discovered my emails had been sent but had gone into my spam box. Horrors! I made sure they were not known as spam, and today, the post went straight to the inbox of my email service. I'm hoping that all of my subscribers did not have the daily post end up in spam. It's a good idea to check that box of horrors on a regular basis. Correct any errors there as soon as possible.

I did notice that I had to click on View in Browser and then click again on the title of the post to bring me to the actual Blogger post site where you see all the sidebars, my profile, the daily poster or photo and more. So, if the email you receive looks rather plain, be sure to click on View in Browser,  then on the title. 

I'm hoping that my account at MailChimp is now running smoothly. If anyone would like to put a comment letting me know that you are getting the Monday through Friday posts, I would greatly appreciate it. 

If you have a topic you would like addressed, please do specify that in the Comments section. Or questions you might have. 

6 comments:

Editing Polishes Your Writing

  I've often made the comment that the writing is easy while marketing your book is the tough part. Well, that was said with several gra...