Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Writers--A Bouquet For You

 

From Me to You


I'm sending you flowers today for all the times you couldn't find inspiration to write.

I'm sending you flowers today for the rejections that have piled up through the years.

I'm sending you flowers today for the times you've written and deleted or torn up a draft.

I'm sending you flowers today for the days you've doubted your ability to write well enough to be published.

I'm sending you flowers today for the myriad times you've searched and searched for a market for your stories.

I'm sending you flowers today for the frustrations you've had on your writing journey.

I'm sending you flowers today to soothe the fears you've had about your ability to write.

I'm sending you flowers today for the zillion edits you've done on all the pieces you've written.

I'm sending you flowers today because you haven't given up.

I'm sending you flowers today because you're a writer, and that is to be celebrated.

I'm sending you flowers today because I am a writer, too, and I understand your writing world.

I'm sending you flowers today because I care.


1 comment:

Meet Ken Goetz, Writer and Blogger

  Ken Goetz and his granddaughter I think you'll find today's post of interest. I've interviewed a fellow blogger whom I would l...