This week both Easter and Passover are celebrated--Easter by Christians and Passover by those of the Jewish faith. Besides the religious meaning of both holidays, it's a time for special meals with family and traditions of various kinds, decorations and special foods.
If you celebrate either one of these holidays, you surely have some stories to tell that might go into your Family Stories book or would make a fine personal essay or memoir piece.
Here are a few questions to trigger your memories:
- Did your family celebrate the religious part of the holiday?
- If so, how?
- If not, why?
- What special foods did you have?
- What traditions did you follow?
- Were special clothes a part of this holiday in your family?
- Did you continue those childhood traditions when you were an adult and had your own family?
- What kind of decorations were used at this time of year?
- Do you remember a particular Passover or Easter that impressed you for some reason?
- Do you have any bad memories of this holiday time?