Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Musings On Life in November and December


Can it really be the final day of November? Didn't I just turn the page on all my calendars from October to November? Wasn't I looking forward to a trip in early November and another one over Thanksgiving? Yes, it really is the final day of this eleventh month of the year, and my trips and the holiday are behind me. 

Traveling seems to make a month go by even faster than usual. But I find that, the older I get, the faster time goes. It's a not so subtle hint to get me moving on projects I've been putting off. The To-Do list gets pretty long when we turn our calendar to December. Add to that the writing I'm doing mentally only and the list grows like Santa's beard since last winter.

There are 31 days in December. They are yours to do with as you like. Keep in mind that it is you who decides what takes priority on each and every day. You are the one who can get up grumbling about all you have to do or get up ready to tackle the chores, one by one and maybe sneak in a few minutes of writing time.

Are you an organized writer or a procrastinator? Or maybe a bit of both, depending on the time? I can claim ownership to each side myself. Sometimes I'm so organized I glow with pride. Then I start putting things off and I don't like that one bit. I turn into Grumpy Gertie but have no one to blame but myself. 

More musings on November--Even with the busy month I had, I found time to keep up with the blog and my requirements for my online writing group. I found joy in the traveling we did and seeing the people who matter to us whom we visited on both trips. I will remember November 2016 because of that.

November will also be a month to remember in my writing life as I had four stories published this month. Two online, one in an anthology and another in a large circulation magazine. Color me happy about that. 

And now, I'm eager to turn the calendar page tomorrow to greet December. I look forward to the many greeting cards that will appear in our mailbox. So many come from people whom we hear from only once a year. I have several social occasions on the calendar already and will probably be adding a few more. I'm one of those people who love Christmas and all that goes with it--yes, even the many chores. I often get inspired to write during this magical time of year and I answer the call and at least write a first draft. Then set it aside for editing in quieter January. 

How about you? What will you wave farewell to in November? What lies ahead for you in December? Like all things, let's take it one day at a time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Loyalty Seems to Be Missing Lately

 All the things I read in the newspapers and hear on tv lately are disturbing. One more thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem...