Thursday, January 28, 2016

Do You Have a Passion For Writing?

I learned something about myself during the 11 days I had no internet service and was so busy getting settle into our new home that there was no time to write. Story ideas kept coming to me in multiples. Just when I didn't have time or the ability to act upon them!

Oh, how I wanted to drop everything and also wave a magic wand over my computer to create the connection that it stubbornly refused to activate. My urge to write became almost overwhelming at times.

i realized that I have a true passion to write. Those little hearts above signify that passion. It's one of the reasons that I started this blog nine years ago. I wanted to share the deep feelings for writing that I have with other writers or wanna-be writers. I hoped to encourage other writers, to let them know that they aren't alone in the frustrations this craft sends our way at times. I care about my writing and I hoped to inspire others to do the same.

If you have a real passion to write, it is more than likely to show in your finished works. You'll also derive more joy from writing that story, essay, poem or book.

How does the passionate writer differ from one who only writes from other needs? What I have listed below is merely my opinion. Not fact backed up with clinical studies.

The passionate writer often:

  • has a deep urge to write most of the time
  • puts writing above other activities 
  • wants to act on a story idea immediately
  • derives great joy from writing
  • has a desire to share what they write with others
  • resents the daily activities that keep them from writing 
  • cannot stop writing
Those who don't consider themselves passionate writers often:
  • have long periods where they do not write at all
  • write only because they need/hope to sell a story
  • give priority to other activities
  • do not act on a story idea and lose it after too long a time
  • have less emotion showing in the writing itself
  • do not care as much 
So, how about you? Do you have a passion for writing? As for me, I cannot function anymore without writing in some manner. I'm not turning out stories like hotcakes off a griddle. But I do write my blog five days a week. I do write lots of letters. (Yes, that is a form of writing for writers,too.) I do some form of writing on a daily basis. I love putting words together in phrases and sentences that others might want to read. 

In case you hadn't figured it out, I love writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet Ken Goetz, Writer and Blogger

  Ken Goetz and his granddaughter I think you'll find today's post of interest. I've interviewed a fellow blogger whom I would l...