Friday, October 16, 2015

Possibility In The Morning? Hopefully!

I love the smell of POSSIBILITY in the morning. | Unknown Source:   Isn't this a great poster? It fit right in with what has been in my mind since last night. I managed to find some real inspiration for revising something that I'd written quite a few weeks ago. It went through my critique group. They had a lot of praise and a few suggestions to make it even better. I read those critiques over again last night and was itching to get going on the revisions.

But it was after ten o'clock and my brain was mighty worn out by then. Even though my heart wanted me to get going on that project immediately, my head told me to forget it. Go to bed and think about it in the morning. I listened to myself and went immediately to bed, did not pass Go and did not collect $200. This was no Monopoly game!

After sleeping a little longer than usual, which surprised me, I awoke to exactly what this poster says--possibility in the morning. My writing project popped into my mind again as I opened my eyes and slipped out of bed. It's followed me through reading the paper, fixing breakfast, making a pumpkin pie and sliding it into the oven. Also beating in the back of my mind as I've checked email this morning and now writing this post.

It's exciting to be inspired and to know that sometime this day I will have time to work on the revisions needed. When morning comes, we have the whole day ahead of us. The smell of coffee and the possibility of what the day will bring are both most welcome.

It's so much better to wake with a plan than to get up in the morning and have no idea what you will be doing all day. If you keep a writing project going at all times, you're going to have one possibility morning after another. Many writing books urge writers to start a new writing project as soon as one is complete. It's good advice. Gives you something to wake up to each day.It's possibility in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Fee, No Pay! Hmmm!

  H U H? I was skimming through a lengthy list of journals whose closing dates were looming. Many were published at universities, some were ...