Writers hold a two-sided coin. One side is marked Frustration and the other is Satisfaction. Which side of the coin are you holding today? We tend to move from one to the other in our writing life.
I ran across an article I'd written for Long Ridge Writers newsletter the other day. It details my thoughts on that two-sided coin. Even though the article was published three years ago, it's still relevant today.
Read "A Two-Sided Coin" and see if you can apply some of it to your writing world. Flip the coin when frustration is up and hope for it to land on the satisfaction side. If it doesn't, flip that coin again until it does.
Take a look at some of the other articles in the Long Ridge archives. You might find some help and some inspiration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Memoir to Enjoy
I recently read a book that I enjoyed so much that I wanted to share it with others. Kenneth Goetz offers us his memoir titled A Streak o...
-
Don't worry, I haven't lost it. The reason I am putting up a Christmaslike poster two days before Thanksgiving is a sane one...
-
Today's quote says 'I will take at least one step everyday towards achieving my dreams.' For writers, that dream may be writing...
-
Snow drifts after our blizzard Yesterday we had a blizzard in Kansas that roared in from Colorado and traveled on to other Midwester...
No comments:
Post a Comment