Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday Night Post For Wednesday

Here I am jumping the gun again. But we're off on a road trip first thing tomorrow morning, so it's now or never. We're leaving our house in good hands while we're away, so at least I know my flowerpots won';t curl up and die in the awful heat we're having. Pushing 100 the last couple days. Nice to have someone here watching over things.

We're traveling to the central part of Illinois, our home state. We'll be visiting one of Ken's brothers who has recently moved to a small town near Champaign. It's about 8 1/2 hours from our home in Kansas, so a good part of the day will be spent in the car. It probably won't surprise anyone who reads this blog that I will have a good supply of reading material with me. Also a big pad of paper, just in case inspiration strikes.

Thursday and Friday, I'll leave Ken to continue the visit with his brother and I'll drive on another hour to attend a special event, which I'm looking forward to. It's a place where there will be story ideas in abundance.

Check back on Thursday to see where I'm going and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Fee, No Pay! Hmmm!

  H U H? I was skimming through a lengthy list of journals whose closing dates were looming. Many were published at universities, some were ...