Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Trading Book Info

How often do you read a book you enjoy tremendously but never tell anyone about it? Happens all the time, doesn't it? We close the book feeling satisfied with a good read, and then Life moves in and we forget about it.

Do your friends and family a favor and pass along your recommendation. I have several friends who are big readers like I am who often ask "What have you read lately that you liked?" Sometimes, I have two or three titles to pass along but occasionally I'll come up with nothing.

I ask my friends, especially those in my book club, what they're reading that they particularly liked. And maybe what they read that they did not like at all. We all have different tastes, but if someone recommends a book, I'll definitely look into it.

I like to do mini reviews here of books I put high on my Like List. The authors would appreciate it, I'm sure, but most of all, the readers appreciate knowing about a book they may never have heard of.

I've got an anthology to read next--the one I have a story in--Flashlight Memories, but after that, I'll be needing something to read. So, if any of you have some recommendations, I'd love to hear them.

Let's help each other find good reads. It's been said many times that a good writer must also be a good reader.

The book I recommend most often these past weeks is The Postrmistress by Sarah Blake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Fee, No Pay! Hmmm!

  H U H? I was skimming through a lengthy list of journals whose closing dates were looming. Many were published at universities, some were ...