Monday, March 28, 2011

Subscribe Or Not

I've been fiddling around with the design of Writer Granny's World and have taken away and added to it.

One thing I've added is a subscribe to box. It's so big you can't help but notice it near the top of the page, right under the header. If you would like the Monday to Friday posts to show up in your e-mail inbox, just add your e-mail address in that box.and click on Submit.

You'll begin to find the posts in your inbox the following day. They will look a little different. Actually, they're kind of generic looking. They will have the picture, if there is one, and the post itself. There will be none of the little extras you see when going directly to the blog site. Things like the Followers, About Me, list of Books I Like, Blogs I Follow etc.

It's your choice as to whether to subscribe or to go to the site whenever you want to read the new posts. Like all things, everyone has a preference. It's nice to have a choice. I'd wanted to put that subscribe to choice on the website for a long time but never had been able to figure out how to do it. Then last week, I finally had some success.

You'll notice two other smaller boxes for posts and comments. They have dropdown menus for you to choose the place you would like these things to show up--like your google or yahoo page. I tried doing it myself to see if it worked, but I wasn't all that pleased. I chose google and on my homepage a nice box showed up with three posts links. But they were not the last three, instead they were ones from last summer! I didn't feel like that accomplished much at all, so I deleted it. Again, your choice. You can always try it and change it later if you don't like it.

Starting a blog is one thing, keeping it current is quite another, and still one more part is learning how to add new things to it. Little by little, it's all coming together for the better.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to like subscribing. I pulled up my email, and there was your post. Works great!

    ReplyDelete

Writers Who Do, Not Just Think

There's an ocean of difference between people who think about writing and those who actually do it. Myriad numbers of people have a desi...