Friday, April 30, 2010

News From Chicken Soup

I had good news this morning. A story I'd sent to Chicken Soup for the Soul has made it to the final round for selection for the new Christmas book. The book, Christmas Magic, is to be released in October 2010.
My story is about a very special doll I received one Christmas.

Making it to the final round does not guarantee the story will be in the book, but there's a very good chance that it will. In fact, the odds are definitely for that happening.

The interesting thing is that it came as a real surprise. Why? Because I had submitted the story to them on May 24, 2008! Nearly two full years ago. Apparently, they go through their old files when they feel the need of more stories to choose from.

A little longer wait to see if this story makes it. If it does, it will be my eleventh Chicken Soup for the Soul book. It's a very nice feeling.

1 comment:

No Fee, No Pay! Hmmm!

  H U H? I was skimming through a lengthy list of journals whose closing dates were looming. Many were published at universities, some were ...