Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Common Bond

Now that I've been home from my writers conference for a couple days, I've had some time to think about it. One of the things that I pondered on was the diversity in the group of women in my writersandcritters group.

We come from many places in the USA, Canada and abroad. We have different backgrounds, a variety of personalities and economic status. But the one common thread is our love of the printed word.

It doesn't matter whether we are introverts or extroverts. Doesn't make a bit of difference whether we live in a tiny little house or a big one. Doesn't matter whether we grew up in a loving family or a dysfunctional one. We have all chosen to make writing a major part of our life. to the exculsion of some other things at times.

We understand about creating time to write. We've all done it. We understand about the heartbreak of rejection. We've all been there. We understand how thrilling it is to have our work accepted by an editor. We've experienced that, too.

We are sisters whose bond is strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loyalty Seems to Be Missing Lately

 All the things I read in the newspapers and hear on tv lately are disturbing. One more thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem...