Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Computer Problems and Cousins

 


My laptop is having problems today. So, I am writing on my phone. Not an easy task, so this may be a short post. 

Were you fortunate to have cousins as a part of your growing-up years? Ones close enough that you saw them fairly regularly? Or were they scattered around the country, and you saw them only occasionally? At weddings or funerals or family reunions. 

I had eight first cousins, five of whom lived in our area. I saw them regularly as our families got together on a regular basis. The other three lived in Arizona, pretty far from the rest of our family in the Chicago area. 

I could write many stories about those cousins. One was an only child, close in age to me. We grew up more like sisters than cousins. That was great as I had three brothers but no sisters. My two oldest cousins were boys. By the time I was ten, one was in the Army and one in high school. They treated me like a rare porcelain doll. They were my protectors in all ways. 

One section of your family stories project could be devoted to cousins. Ones you were close to. The ones you didn’t much care for. The jealousies, the love, the tricks played, how you stood up for each other and more. 

Think about your cousins and the stories connected with them. Write the stories, short or long. Or write a character sketch of each cousin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet Ken Goetz, Writer and Blogger

  Ken Goetz and his granddaughter I think you'll find today's post of interest. I've interviewed a fellow blogger whom I would l...