Thursday, August 4, 2022

My August Hopes for Writers

 


I am a little late to welcome August, but it's only the fourth day of this eighth month of the year. Besides the Hello August greeting, the poster says 'To All Those Who Are Reading This, I really Hope Something Good Happens For You This Month.'

I will second that sentiment. I have hopes for you, too. A list of my hopes for you this month follows:

A.  I hope you find joy in writing.

B.  I hope you will submit at least two pieces of writing to a publication.

C.  I hope you will do one writing exercise at least three days a week.

D.  I hope you are inspired to write.

E.  I hope you attend one writer's meeting, either in person or via zoom.

F.  I hope you work on the negatives in your writing life.

G.  I hope you have at least one conversation with another writer.

H.  I hope you can overcome any fears you have about writing. 

I.  I hope you get one acceptance from a publisher this month.

J.  I hope you will share my blog posts with other writers.

K.  I hope you will consider joining a writing group of some kind.

L.  I hope you writing becomes stronger day by day.

M.  I hope you can use a rejection as a learning experience.

N.  I hope this is a topnotch month of writing for you.

This is a long list, and not every one of my hopes will come true for you, but perhaps some will. One way to make sure is to give writing everything you've got this month. No slacking, no excuses, and no whining. I truly hope August is a very satisfying month for each and every one of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loyalty Seems to Be Missing Lately

 All the things I read in the newspapers and hear on tv lately are disturbing. One more thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem...