Monday, July 4, 2022

A Photo Prompt Exercise on the 4th of July

 


Today is a Monday, the beginning of another week. It's also the 4th of July holiday. For those who are having a quiet holiday, I have a writing prompt photo for you. 

I saw this photo on a friend's Facebook page. Carole Bumpus, author, is on vacation in France enjoying a wine cruise. The photo was one she took while visiting the wine country. It immediately captured my attention. What a great writing prompt! was the thought that skipped through my mind. I asked Carole if she would give me permission to use it on my blog, and sweet woman that she is, she granted permission. You can read my review of her book, Searching For Family and Traditions at the French Table here.

Use the photo below as a writing prompt exercise. It prompted me to wonder what would I find if I walked through the opening Who or what is  on the other side of the wall? What colors are predominant in the photo? Does the photo bring a period of time in history to you? Or is it present day? Study the photo before you begin to write. Write a short story, or a poem, or a piece of flash fiction. I'm eager to know what you found when you slipped through the portal to the unknown. Use your imagination and creativity.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Editing Polishes Your Writing

  I've often made the comment that the writing is easy while marketing your book is the tough part. Well, that was said with several gra...