Monday, February 7, 2022

Create a Character Sketch

 



Marlene Cullen offers writers writing prompts and exercises through her blog at The Write Spot . One that I particularly liked helps short story and novel writers build the characters they are writing about. Ms Cullen graciously gave me permission to use the exercise on my blog. Visit her blog to find the menu of the many things offered to writers. 

The photo today shows someone sketching a person. You can do a written sketch of characters with Ms. Cullen's exercise. 

THE EXERCISE TO SKETCH YOUR CHARACTERS

Finish sentences as your fictional character would.

OR: Write your responses, as author/writer.

My full name is (include maiden name and middle name):

I live at or near . . .

I live with . . .

I usually wear . . .

I want . . .

I hope . . .

People would be surprised to know that I . . .

I am happiest when . . .

I daydream about . . .

If I had my way . . .

I don’t understand . . .

I get angry when . . .

People wouldn’t like it if they knew . . .

I never told anyone that I . . .

If I were in charge . . .

My hobbies are . . .

My favorite breakfast . . .

My pet peeves . . .

My favorite drink . . .

My favorite place to hang out . . .

I don’t like it when . . .

My best friend . . .

I like to . . .

Find out more about Marlene Cullen's The Write Spot website, which includes her blog, at  https://www.thewritespot.us/ 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Editing Polishes Your Writing

  I've often made the comment that the writing is easy while marketing your book is the tough part. Well, that was said with several gra...