Thursday, December 31, 2020

What Kind of Tracks Have You Left?


We will be known forever by the tracks we leave.--Dakota

I saw this quote n Ladybug Whispers on Facebook several years ago. (See, going on FB is not wasted time!) There are a lot of these quotes and poster pictures, and most are worthwhile, but now and then one comes along that impresses me and makes me ponder awhile. This is one of them.

Stop and think about the tracks you have left as you moved through your life. This includes both your personal life and your writing world. We are leaving tracks in both places.

Are your tracks deep and worth something, or did you skim across the sand and leave only a slight imprint? Are you at a point in your life where you can make a change if you feel you need to? Isn't the beginning of a new year the perfect time to give it a go?

When I look back over the years, I know that I could have done several things differently, but that's finished now. It's the path ahead where I can make some changes in both my personal and my writing life.

How about you? Today's a brand new day, also the final day of 2020. Let's use it in the best way we can. Even better, consider what kind of tracks you want to leave in 2021. January 1st is the day to get started. 

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year. May your muse shower you with inspiration!

NOTE:  Next post will be Monday, January 4, 2021


Happy New Year



No comments:

Post a Comment

Gourmet Touches--Titles and Quotes

  If you invite someone to dinner, you’re apt to add some special touches to the food and table décor. As a hostess, you try to make a dinne...