Wednesday, November 27, 2019

My Writing Life Gratitude List



This is the time of year Americans give thanks for the bounty afforded, whether it be material things or situations or family and friends. Whatever we are grateful for. 

Today, I'm going to list what I am grateful for in my writing life. I would suggest you make a list of your own. Keep that list somewhere you see it and refer to it when those rejections come spinning in or when a story just is not working and you're totally frustrated. We do have to remind ourselves of the many good things in this crazy deal we term our 'writing life.'

What I am grateful for in my writing life:
  • for the knowledge I've gained over the years
  • for the joy of writing something satisfying
  • for the opportunity to reach others with my writing
  • for the many, many friendships I have with other writers
  • for the opportunity to continue growing as a writer
  • for the many publications I've had
  • for having a passion for writing that has never died
  • for a fine state writers organization
  • for being able to write my family stories and share with my family
  • for the rejections, yes, for the rejections because they have helped me grow as a writer
  • for being able to connect with other writers
  • for eyes and mind and hands that all allow me to write
  • for being able to follow a childhood dream--"I want to be a writer."
  • for the help and friendship of the women in my online critique group
  • for having access to a wonderful public library
  • for the ability God gave me
No doubt I'll think of more as the day goes on, but the main pieces of gratitude are included in the list above. 

I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. We will be spending the day with our daughter and her family. No post tomorrow or Friday. Let's all enjoy a little time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gourmet Touches--Titles and Quotes

  If you invite someone to dinner, you’re apt to add some special touches to the food and table décor. As a hostess, you try to make a dinne...