Thursday, September 26, 2019

Autumn Thoughts For Writers

Autumn Gold

Autumn Red


The first day of fall, or autumn, slipped in earlier this week. Here, in Kansas, we are still experiencing summer-like temps. Those south of us are the same, but the northern parts of our country are showing real signs of the season. If you polled everyone in the USA as to their favorite season, I'm guessing fall is going to come out a winner. 

For a writing exercise, use the photos above and the prompts below to get your creative juices flowing.  
  • What were the first signs of fall where you grew up?
  • How did your wardrobe change?
  • Did your mom begin to cook different kinds of meals than the summer fare?
  • Did you have a garden with fall crops?
  • Can you write a descriptive paragraph for each of the photos above?
  • What changes in your daily routine came with fall?
  • Do you remember burning leaves?
  • What about raking leaves and jumping in the pile?
  • Autumn holidays
  • Do you say 'fall' or 'autumn' and why?
  • Did you take a day trip every fall? Where? 
  • Did your chores change during autumn?
  • Do you know anyone named Autumn?


2 comments:

  1. Great post. Wish I saw your post before I wrote my mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall! And these are some great writing prompts. Thanks for the inspiration, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Meet Ken Goetz, Writer and Blogger

  Ken Goetz and his granddaughter I think you'll find today's post of interest. I've interviewed a fellow blogger whom I would l...