Wednesday, April 4, 2018

This Writer Thanks Her Readers




I had a phone meeting with an author this morning. He thanked me for the information I share on my blog and other ways I have tried to be helpful to writers. What a lift for this day. The sun is shining (finally!) and someone appreciates what I do in the writing world. 

I decided to give my readers and Followers a lift today, as well. Thank You to those who are regular readers and Followers of Writer Granny's World. Without you, I would have no reason to post something about my writing world or tips and encouragement for writers. There is sometimes content for those who don't write but are avid readers who are interested in the writing world. Book reviews posted here are for both writers and readers.

When I see a new Follower, I'm delighted. I have a lot more readers than Followers because many will not take the time to sign on as a Follower. Some worry that they will have information sold or used in some way. I can assure you that will never happen here. Some readers wonder why it's important to a blog writer.

Most writers who blog are hoping to promote their own writing as well as offer information to other writers. Editors do look at blogs and they check the number of Followers. A sale may not be made or rejected because of the number of Followers but it certainly doesn't hurt if the number is an impressive one. 

I thank all my Followers from the bottom of my heart. That said, I would love to see more Followers. Regular readers can share the posts with other writers and/or suggest they sign up for the posts and, if they like what they read over time, to become a Follower. 

A few will consider building the Followers part of a blog is nothing more than an ego trip. I will admit that it does make me feel good when I see a new Follower but that is definitely not the one and only reason to promote getting more Followers. 

I also love getting comments. It tells me someone cares, someone liked the post, or perhaps even disagrees with what I've written. Either way, comments are worthwhile. 

Readers, Followers, and Fellow Writers--I am delighted to have you visit my blog occasionally or regularly and I do offer heartfelt thanks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Loyalty Seems to Be Missing Lately

 All the things I read in the newspapers and hear on tv lately are disturbing. One more thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem...