Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Call For Submissions From Chicken Soup For The Soul

               
I have stories in each of these books. Can I find one more mom story to write?


Every now and then, I check the submissions page at Chicken Soup for the Soul to see if there are any new titles that writers can submit to. It's been longer than I thought since I last checked. I found several new titles and more than one made me sit up and pay attention. 

Notice that the three book covers above are all using the theme of mothers. I'm not sure how many books Chicken Soup has that dwell on moms but they may rival the many Christmas theme books. Mothers appear to hold a special place in the hearts of many. They are often released in time for Mother's Day which, I believe, is the reason we see spring flowers and colors on the three covers above, along with Mother's Day gifts on one. The middle one, My Amazing Mom, was released on March 20, 2018, I have a box of them sitting here in my office. It's been fun giving them to various people in my life. 

Here are the newest titles and deadlines. You can go to the Submit A Story page at the Chicken Soup website to read the details on each one.  There are eight new titles. A bonanza! All deadline dates below are for the year 2018.

1.  Grandparents--deadline August 31st

2.  Life Lessons From My Cat--deadline October 31

3.  Life Lessons From My Dog--deadline November 30

4.  More Messages From Heaven--deadline September 30

5.  Stories About Angels--deadline September 30

6.  Stories About Miracles-- deadline September 30

7.  Stories About My Mom--deadline September 30

8.  The Golden Years--Life After 60--deadline June 30

The miracle, angel, messages from Heaven themes are being used over and over as are the dog and cat books. These themes, along with the ones on mothers and Christmas top the list. 

I urge you to study the Guidelines page carefully before writing your story, or finding one in your files. Don't submit until you have double checked your story against what those guidelines specify. 

Those dates make it seem like you have lots of time. Try to get your story in sooner rather than later. From what I've been told, the earlier stories are given careful consideration and many selected for the short list. Yes, you can still submit a week or a day prior to the deadline but you are lessening your chances. Remember that the submissions number in the thousands--4 or 6,000 for some books--but only 101 make it. 

I'm excited about these new titles. I already have ideas swirling in my head for stories I would like to write, or ones in my file that I might update and/or revise. How about you? 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet Ken Goetz, Writer and Blogger

  Ken Goetz and his granddaughter I think you'll find today's post of interest. I've interviewed a fellow blogger whom I would l...