Thursday, February 8, 2018

Being Grateful For Many Parts of My Writing Journey



It's not Thanksgiving, but today I do have a grateful heart. No, I didn't get good news from an editor nor did I finish writing a book. Even so, I am deeply grateful for all that my writing journey has brought.

I've been on this journey for about 25 years now. Consider this my 25th Writing Anniversary. No flowers or champagne. My celebration will all be inward as I think about what has happened in that quarter of a century.

  • I have grown immensely as a writer
  • I have learned terms I never knew before
  • I learned how to market my writing through trial and error
  • I obtained my writer's voice
  • I have been published many times
  • I have enjoyed writing workshops and conferences'
  • I have led writing workshops
  • I have done writing related public speaking
  • I have appeared on a TV show regarding my Chicken Soup stories 
  • I have won a few awards for my writing
  • I have joined critique groups of various kinds
  • I have been in one online critique group for over 15 years
  • I have made countless friends because I started writing
  • I have been helped by many of those friends
  • I have helped many of them, too.
  • I have written a blog 5 days a week for over 9 years
  • I have learned to use my writer's eye when I read for pleasure
  • I now see story ideas everywhere I go
  • I started writing children's fiction but have branched into several other categories
  • I have been rewarded in many other ways
  • I am proud to be a writer
As for this blog, I appreciate every reader, everyone who leaves a comment and all who have signed up as a Follower. It gives me a thrill when I open the blog and note that one more person has signed on as a Follower. 

Take some time today to consider your own list of what has happened to you on your writing journey and what you are grateful for in your writing life. Keep the list to read again whenever you get discouraged about your writing journey. It happens to all of us now and then. The list can be a good boost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loyalty Seems to Be Missing Lately

 All the things I read in the newspapers and hear on tv lately are disturbing. One more thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem...