Monday, October 2, 2017

Writers--On Your Mark, Ready, Go!



Did September fly by as fast for you as it did for me? It sailed past me with lightning speed. I did spend 8 days of it traveling which always helps the days zoom. Some of the groups I belong to ended their summer break with a meeting, bridge groups started up again, stores began to show fall clothes and fall produce in the supermarkets. 

I wondered what I'd accomplished in my writing life, so I checked some of my records and saw that I:
  • submitted 4 pieces of writing to publications
  • received an acceptance on one submitted earlier
  • did 5 Random Word exercises in my online writing group
  • Submitted 1 piece in my online writing group
  • critiqued 5 pieces in my online writing group
  • posted on my blog 5 days every week of the month
  • read a book on writing
  • read parts of another book on writing
  • encouraged a new writer friend
  • wrote the first draft of two personal essays
  • wrote a poem
  • checked market listings multiple places, multiple times
  • interviewed a poet
For a fast month, that's not too bad a list. How about your September? What did you do in your writing life? Anything exciting? 

Let's look ahead to October. We have 31 days to best the September list. What are your goals for this month?  

I have always liked turning the calendar page to another 1/12th of our year. It's brand new, pages are blank at this point. It's up to us to fill them with positives. I challenge each of you to produce more this month than last. On your mark, ready, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet Ken Goetz, Writer and Blogger

  Ken Goetz and his granddaughter I think you'll find today's post of interest. I've interviewed a fellow blogger whom I would l...