Have you ever been asked Why do you write? Most writers probably have that question tossed toward them at least once if not many times. What do you answer? Do you give a flip, offhand remark or do you dig deep within before you answer?
There are myriad quotes to be found giving an answer as to why we write. I've posted just a few of them today. What are your thoughts about the quotes? Which one do you like the best? the least?
The bigger question is this one: Why do you write? Put your answer in the comments section of today's post. My answer is at the bottom of this post.
As for me, I write for several reasons. Here are a few of them:
- I enjoy creating something new
- I want to leave a record of family history and stories
- I have a need to tell a story, write a poem or an article
- I want to leave something behind when I am no longer here
- I want to give something to others
- I write because I can
- I just plain love it