Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Reflect On Your Blessings



A walk with your dog, or just by yourself, gives time for reflection. Something especially nice to do at this Thanksgiving time of year. We should be grateful for our blessings all year long but life is busy and we don't always take time to count the many things we should be grateful for.

There are a multitude of wonderful things in our lives that we take for granted. Every day, we get out of bed and expect our house to be warm or cool, as the season calls for We know that the water will run out of the tap and our toilet facilities are inside the house. We can flick a switch and have light, use a remote to turn on various electronic gadgets in our home. In many parts of the world, all those items listed might be considered miracles. Be thankful!

Family deserves our gratitude, too. Sure, we get irritated with them sometimes, but they're still the people closest to you in this world. They love us and put up with us when we're grumpy or bitter or temperamental. And we do the same with them. Deep down. our family ties are made of steel, whether we care to admit it or not. Families fight, they love, they have fun together, they sometimes need a break from too much family. Whatever the relationship is, be thankful!

I've been blessed with many friends ranging from being almost a sister to casual acquaintances whom I still consider a friend. There are many to whom I could turn if I needed a shoulder to cry on or someone to go out to lunch with for a happy time. I believe that to have a friend, you must be a friend, and it's certainly paid off in my lifetime. Some of you may be like me and have lots of friends or others may limit their friends to a very few. Be thankful!

If you have reasonably good health, a job you either like or can tolerate, and food on a regular basis, be thankful!

If you're a writer, make a list of the blessings your writing world has brought to you. My own list is quite lengthy. I will always be grateful that I had the courage to start writing at a late stage in life and that I've been able to continue to have a passion to write. I have been blessed with wonderful writing friends, as well. Make a list of the positives in your writing life. Be thankful!

Go on that walk and reflect on what you have, or sit in your favorite chair with a cup of tea or coffee and do the same. It doesn't matter where you do it. Just do it!

One more thing I am thankful for is the readers who check out this blog on a regular basis.

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet Ken Goetz, Writer and Blogger

  Ken Goetz and his granddaughter I think you'll find today's post of interest. I've interviewed a fellow blogger whom I would l...