Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Deadlines For Chicken Soup Stories


Chicken Soup For The Soul is one of the best opportunities for writers, as well as non-writers, to get published in an anthology that pays decently and is well-known.  I like to make readers of this blog aware of deadlines coming up for specific titles for this publisher. You do not have to be a professional writer to submit a story. Anyone is eligible to do so.

I was made aware only days ago that October 30, 2015 is the deadline for a book titled The Joy of Less. I broke one of my own rules and hurriedly dashed off a first draft of a story I'd been thinking about but hadn't gotten around to writing. Next, I sent it to my online critique group with a plea for a quick response due to deadline situation. Five people came through in a hurry and today, I will edit and polish and send it. I received a good response from the writers who critiqued the story so am feeling alright about doing this quick submission. I don't intend to make a habit of doing this, however.

It does pay to keep a check on the deadlines for each of the titles in works. Do that at the 
Possible Book Topics page on the Chicken Soup website. 

It's most likely too late for you to begin a story for this book now. However, there are other books with later deadlines which you might consider. The books with a November 30, 2015 deadline are:
  •  Angels and Miracles
  • Military Families
  • The Spirit of America
December 15, 2015  deadline:
  • The Power of Gratitude
March 31,2016 deadline:
  • The Spirit of Canada
  • Dreams and Synchronicities
June 30, 2016:deadline:
  • Blended Families
  • Stories About Teachers and Teaching
Remember to check the Guidelines page to see if your story fits what the editors are looking for. This is so important that I could repeat the previous sentence three times but I'd be accused of being redundant! Did I mention how important this is? I did and I will again in the future, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writers Who Do, Not Just Think

There's an ocean of difference between people who think about writing and those who actually do it. Myriad numbers of people have a desi...