It's Friday and a good time to finish the week with an autumn picture prompt exercise. I'm going to provide two pictures for you today, both autumn scenes. The first one allows you to look through a window into a natural area of trees and leaves falling where colors abound. Use your writer's imagination.
- What do you see out the window?
- Who are you waiting for?
- Are you going to venture outside or stay inside the house?
- What do you smell? Hear?
Here's another picture to prompt your imagination and inspire you to write. Study the details in this picture, then ask yourself a few questions.
- Who lives in the house?
- Who will come to sit on the bench?
- What is that big log doing there?
- Is the light fog going to get better or worse?
- Do you hear or smell anything?