Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving Writing Exercise




Here's a picture prompt exercise for you that has a little something more to help you get started. Ken took the picture when we were in Germany this past summer.

I've given you the opening paragraph below. Use it and the picture to help you create a scene or a full story. Be creative. Use sesnrory details. Give us a sense of place. Tall order for a Monday!


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving but there will be no turkey and cranberries for me this year. I'm in Hamburg, Germany on a tough assignment. I feel so depressed already that I can only imagine what depths I'll sink to tomorrow. This charming house where I'm staying will not be filled with the Thanksgiving aromas I long to savor. What can I do to save the day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loyalty Seems to Be Missing Lately

 All the things I read in the newspapers and hear on tv lately are disturbing. One more thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem...