Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Stretch Your Writng Muscles
Today, I have a picture prompt for you. Quite often, when we do this exercise, the picture is one of a place. That allows for description and creativity on the writer's part as to what might happen in that place.
This one is a bit different. I will tell you only that the picture was taken when we were in Germany a few weeks ago.
It's up to you to decide what the woman is doing. What is she thinking about as she works? Where is she going when she's finished? Who might she be waiting for. What is her name? Does she have a family? Or is she single?
An exercise like this is a good warm-up for whatever else you might be writing today. Stretch your writing muscles now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Memoir to Enjoy
I recently read a book that I enjoyed so much that I wanted to share it with others. Kenneth Goetz offers us his memoir titled A Streak o...
-
Ernest Hemingway left the world with many wonderful stories, and he bequeathed his expertise to writers with many quotes. The one we have t...
-
Snow drifts after our blizzard Yesterday we had a blizzard in Kansas that roared in from Colorado and traveled on to other Midwester...
-
Don't worry, I haven't lost it. The reason I am putting up a Christmaslike poster two days before Thanksgiving is a sane one...
No comments:
Post a Comment