Monday, September 1, 2014

September Morning Thoughts

September In The Forest
September Morning

Isn't this a peaceful picture? It seemed perfect to greet a new month and the Labor Day holiday that we celebrate today. September brings changes in the weather, in our daily routine, and sometimes in our mood. 

August has come to a close, we've turned the page on our calendars, and our minds have turned to autumn, even though it doesn't officially begin for another 3 weeks. I like turning the page on the calendar every month. A whole month lies before me. Some of it is already scheduled as I check the little daily squares with notes I make to myself on the days I have appointments or social functions. But much of the month is unknown on day one. I have a sense of anticipation on the first day of each new month.

How about you? What are your thoughts on this Labor Day Monday, the very first day of September 2014? Did you look at your calendar and feel overwhelmed with what the month holds? Or did you look at it as one more new beginning? Could it be a time you start a fresh writing project? Will this be the month you write chapter one of a novel? Is September the month you'll finally start putting your family stories down in black and white instead of just telling them at family dinners?

I have a major project to begin this month. One that I've put off for a long time. The problem with putting things off is that the longer you procrastinate, the easier it is to keep it on the shelf. It becomes a habit to think about it, then shove it aside in lieu of other things. I've made up my mind that the project will begin in September even though it may not be finished this month. Once I begin, I know I'll keep working on this writing assignment I've given myself.

Thirty days hath September....and they're all yours. What will you choose to do with them? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Loyalty Seems to Be Missing Lately

 All the things I read in the newspapers and hear on tv lately are disturbing. One more thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem...