Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Here Kitty, Kitty


Publishing Syndicate has published it's ninth book in the Not Your Mother's Book ... series. I'm happy to say that my story titled Top Dog is included in this anthology of 62 stories. The release date is October 7, 2014 but you can pre-order at Amazon for less than the retail price.

Similar to other anthologies in format, this series uses photos sent by the authors, usually at the end of the story. Here's the one that accompanies my story, although the editors cropped the Christmas gifts out of the photo, leaving Ming, the cat in all his glory.


The book is divided into sections. The section titles are:

1. Love and Hisses
2. Where the Wild Cats Are
3. What's New Pussycat?
4 The Games Felines Play
5. The Joy of Cats
6. Pussies Galore!
7. Cat-astrophe!
8. The Stray-Cat Strut

My story appears in the second section--Where the Wild Cats Are. This series of anthology books is similar to others but allows the authors to be a bit irreverent at times, pushes the humor and sometimes allows a slightly risque bit. Not to worry, it's not R rated at all. The books strives to be a fun read.

This one would be a perfect gift for anyone who loves cats. Holiday giving is not that far away. Think how easy it would be to order one for every cat lover on your list. Or for yourself if you're the one who craves being around cats. I must confess that I prefer dogs to cats but Ming worked his way into my heart. I still have a special spot there for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Fee, No Pay! Hmmm!

  H U H? I was skimming through a lengthy list of journals whose closing dates were looming. Many were published at universities, some were ...