Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Lesson In Frustration

I'd planned on writing about using quotes today, but I'm at the library tech center again and time is running out on my session here. The new modem I'm waiting for has not arrived yet, so my computer at home is useless.

All these computer woes have been a lesson in frustration. I've let it stress me out and that's just plain stupid because the solution to the problem is completely out of my control. So, I need to sit back and wait patiently for it to get resolved.

Isn't it easy to say that?. The thing is I have to buy into it--really believe it. And I'm trying to do so. I know I often give advice to writers about the frustrating portions of the writing life. Sometimes, it's a lot easier to give the advice than to accept it and practice it. Even if the writers who read my advice practice a small part of it, I will be happy, and maybe they will be, as well.

I wrote an entire article on handling stress once. I need to look it up and read it again, then do whatever it says.

Life is filled with frustrating situations and no two people meet them in the same way. Some go completely berserk while others retreat into a quiet shell while they are churning inside. Then, there are some who are rational from start to finish. Maybe we all need to examine how we handle times like this and give ourselves a thumbs up or thumbs down.

Meanwhile, I'm going to listen to my own advice, give in to the fact that I cannot personally change any of this and wait for it to get resolved. Surely it will! 

2 comments:

  1. So easy to say, sometimes so difficult to put into practice. Thanks for the reminder to let go of that which we have no control over! Hope your technical woes are resolved quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tech woes are indeed so frustrating! And it is hard to disengage from that frustration but you are right in that that is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Loyalty Seems to Be Missing Lately

 All the things I read in the newspapers and hear on tv lately are disturbing. One more thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem...