Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Writer's Thanksgiving--Day 4


A Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate today. To conclude the week with the things I am thankful for in my writing life, I have one more blessing to tell you about. And this is a big one.

I am grateful for being physically and mentally able to continue writing stories, poetry, articles and essays--and this blog. As a senior citizen, the possibility of facing a day when that is not the case is a bit daunting at times. Sometimes we take these good times for granted, and we shouldn't.

I believe that keeping both mind and body exercised is most helpful and I encourage everyone to do  the same. I've read more than once that playing bridge and doing crossword puzzles is good mental exercise. I do both. In addition, perhaps all that I do in my writing life has been part of the reason that I can be thankful for being in good mental and physical health. 

A very Happy Thanksgiving to all my readers on this November day. I'm thankful for every one of you.


Photo: Have a wonderful thanksgiving


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Fee, No Pay! Hmmm!

  H U H? I was skimming through a lengthy list of journals whose closing dates were looming. Many were published at universities, some were ...