Tuesday, October 16, 2012

One More Cyberworld Frustration

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Finding My Faith: 101 Inspirational Stories about Life, Belief, and Spiritual Renewal


I had planned to write about two of my stories being published today. But I'm down to only one at the moment.

Today, Chicken Soup's newest volume, titled finding my faith, will be in bookstores and available to order at Amazon or Barnes and Noble online. My story in the book is The Body Beautiful.

I received my author copies a few weeks ago. I woke far too early this morning so got up and finished reading the stories in this inspirational book. Most are written from a Christian perspective but there are a few stories about the Jewish religion.

As I sat in my quiet living room, with the world outside still dark and silent at that early hour, I wondered why this book about faith had no stories from the Hindu, Muslim, or Buddhist faiths. Was it because people of these religions do not want to share their stories with others? Did they have less faith than other religions? I doubt either one of these is the case. I have no answer here, only a question.

The stories were varied, interesting, uplifting and sometimes very inspiring. I found myself marveling at the many hurdles in life that the authors had met and sprinted over with the help of God and a faith that may have been missing for years but returned when needed most.

I have another children's story published today at Knowonder! magazine.  The story, Sweet Sue Saves The Day, is there, but I can't make the link work. Knowonder!, like so many cyberworld sites, requires creating an account to access the stories. It is a mildly irritating necessity, according to those who operate the sites. So OK--I created an account, checked the Remember Me box, so I didn't have to login each time. Until today, it's worked fine. I have been locked out! I've changed the password twice now, the site indicates I am logged in, but it will not allow me to access the story. Mildly irritating has become cyberworld frustrating!

I wrote to the editor-in-chief asking for help. So far, I have not had a response, but it's early in the day. I hope to hear from her soon. And when I do, I'll post the link to the story here.

We are so dependent on our computers and the internet. When they don't work smoothly, we freak out. I have to keep reminding myself to take it one step at a time. Sooner or later, these problems do get worked out. Meanwhile, I need another cup of coffee!

1 comment:

  1. I just read your story over on Knowonder magazine's website. Great story!!

    ReplyDelete

Loyalty Seems to Be Missing Lately

 All the things I read in the newspapers and hear on tv lately are disturbing. One more thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem...