Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sell Yourself As A Writer

There's more to writing than just pounding out words that come together in fine prose or poetry. You have to convince an editor that your writing is worthy of being published. It doesn't stop there.

It's also necessary to sell yourself as a writer to readers. I've written short posts about this subject in the past and have now expanded it into a full article.


"Seven Ways To Sell Yourself To Readers" was published today at the Institute of Children's Literature newsletter. It will stay on file in their Writers Support section. The article tips work for all writers, not just those who write for kids.

The Institute of Children's Literature is where I started my writing world. I needed something to get me writing regularly. At the time, my goal was to write for children, so I signed up for the ICL correspondence course. Over the next 18 months, the ICL saw to it that I had the basic tools needed to launch a writing career. It ended up that I didn't concentrate wholly on children's stories, but I learned what I needed to branch out into other types of writing.

The ICL website has a lot to offer, so take a look after reading my latest article in their newsletter.

Come back tomorrow to meet a special guest blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Fee, No Pay! Hmmm!

  H U H? I was skimming through a lengthy list of journals whose closing dates were looming. Many were published at universities, some were ...