Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A New Venture

My writing world continues to expand as this 21st century moves on. Yesterday, I received an invitation to participate in a new nonprofit community internet radio station project here in Manhattan, KS. The director contacted me to see if I would be interested in the newest project they are working on.

Novels, short prose, and poetry will be read over an internet stream through their website and then be available on demand through the website for whatever period of time the author specifies. We e-mailed one another a couple of times after I expressed interest in the project.

I would be able to make the recording myself rather than have someone else read my work, and that pleased me very much. I've read my stories publicly a number of times and it's truly a pleasure to do so. Or, if I so choose, one of their readers will make the recording.

The next step is to fill out a permission release form and to select the pieces I would like to have featured. The latter is the hard part. This one? Or that one? What shall it be? One that is already published? Or one in the Waiting to Submit File?

A radio station using an internet stream on a website is definitely 21st century, and I hope to stay current with what is going on in my writing world. Stay tuned for more on this new project later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Fee, No Pay! Hmmm!

  H U H? I was skimming through a lengthy list of journals whose closing dates were looming. Many were published at universities, some were ...