Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother's Day Week-end

Taking a break from my writing world this week-end and spending time with both my children and their families. How lucky can a mom be?

We are at our daughter's home near Kansas City. Drove over yesterday and this morning Karen and I are attending the Mother's Day Tea at Jordan's school. There will be music, readings, punch and goodies followed by a visit to the Book Fair. Jordan goes to a school that has nothing but kindergarten classes. She is to be one of the readers at the program today, so she picked out a special dress to wear. At first, she said she would wear white tights with it, but then she changed her mind. "No," she said, "I'll just have plain legs." A much nicer description thatn 'bare legs' I think. I'm looking forward to attending the tea with Karen this morning. Living 2 1/2 hours away means I don't get to go to school functions very often. Jordan's little brother, Cole, was not too happy about not going with us, but when he found out his dad and Poppy were not going either, it was fine. Off he went to his daycare sitter's home.

When the festivities of this morning are finished, Ken and I are driving to Dallas to our son's home to spend the remainder of the week-end with his family. I'm looking forward to spending time with our 11 and 14 year old granddaughters.

Being a mother and grandmother are one of the nicest parts of my life. Being able to spend time with both families this week-end is a blessing and to be savored.

Happy Mother's Day to all moms and grandmas.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I agree, being a mother and grandmother is the best.

    ReplyDelete

No Fee, No Pay! Hmmm!

  H U H? I was skimming through a lengthy list of journals whose closing dates were looming. Many were published at universities, some were ...