Thursday, April 1, 2010

Overblogged? Tell Me What You Think

I've found several blogs that I've wanted to follow, and I've also found some that are a one-time shot. Now that blogging has become a national pastime, I've found more and more ot them that I like.  I must admit I read some more faithfully than others.

There are a few that I check daily, and some that I pop in to read several days worth maybe once a week. The more blogs you follow, the less time there is for each one. So what's the best approach? Choose a few and follow faithfully, or spread yourself wide and read lots of them once in awhile?

It comes down to personal choice, as in so many things. But one factor that influences me is how often the blogger posts new entries. When months go by without a new posting, I'm outta there. Time is too precious to be constantly checking to see if that particular blogger has finally posted something new. They'll lose readers fast that way.

I'm going to be on a panel at my critique group's conference later this month titled "Blogging 101: Everything We Know" Three of us are going to discuss our own blogging experiences, how to start one, some tips on keeping readers, and anything else we can come up with.

You can help me by leaving comments here telling me what you like about blogs you read on a regular basis and also what turns you off in a blog? I'd really appreciate having some opinions on this so we know what thngs to address.

1 comment:

  1. I follow quite a few blogs, but the ones I check frequently are on my sidebar. The sidebar blog list will give you a snippet of information regarding the post so you have an idea as to whether or not you want to read. The sidebar also lists the blogs in new content order.

    To check out all the blogs I'm following, I go to the Dashboard and scroll through my reading list. This list provides a bit more information than my sidebar. I read the posts that catch my eye and skip the ones that don't.

    To find other blogs on a particular topic, I check out the blogs of the people leaving comments on a blogs I read regularly.

    I'll let you know if I come up with anything else of interest. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Loyalty Seems to Be Missing Lately

 All the things I read in the newspapers and hear on tv lately are disturbing. One more thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem...