Monday, March 8, 2010

A Reason To Celebrate

Happy International Women's Day to the many women around the world who have reason to celebrate.

As for me, I have a definite reason to be happy today. The March issue of Long Story Short ezine is up. I knew my poem "Play Gypsy Girl, Play" was to be published this month, but imagine my surprise when I discovered it had been selected as Poem of the Month. Actually, it tied with another poem written by a Wisconsin writer, Jane Banning. But I was happy to share the limelight.

The poem, inspired by a crazy dream I had one night, can be read at http://alongstoryshortpoetry.blogspot.com/  The editors of the ezine select a Story of the Month and a Poem of the Month. Then, at the end of the year, they narrow it down to the best one of the year.

After you've read my poem, do take some time and check out the rest of the poetry, the fiction, flash fiction and nonfiction pages as well. You may end up bookmarking the site. I look forward to reading each new issue, which comes out on the 7th of every month.

1 comment:

Loyalty Seems to Be Missing Lately

 All the things I read in the newspapers and hear on tv lately are disturbing. One more thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem...