Thursday, March 6, 2014

March Writing Triggers


Hello March

Have you ever made a list of the months in the order in which you like them? Number 12 on my list would be March. Why? We're tired of winter but March isn't really springlike other than a day here and there. March is often gloomy. It can be cold and windy here in Kansas and was much the same in my growing-up years in Chicago. For some reason, the March wind feels sharper and more penetrating. The rain we get is cold rain. The only thing I really like about March is St. Patrick's Day and the fun and frivolity it brings with it.

If you live in a warmer climate, March may be a wonderful month for you. If you live in the far northern states, you're still in the throes of winter with little sign of spring. 

Here are a few writing triggers for you. Try one or more and see what you come up with. Some of you might end up with a story to put in your Family Memories Book. Others might have the beginning of a fiction piece. Someone might use the trigger to launch a poem. Keep the month of March in mind for this exercise.

1. March winds.....

2. In March, my mother....

3. At school, we....

4. A March garden is....

5. On St. Patrick's Day, we....

6. March kites fly...

7. The only flowers in March...

8. My mother baked....

9. My father told me...


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Fee, No Pay! Hmmm!

  H U H? I was skimming through a lengthy list of journals whose closing dates were looming. Many were published at universities, some were ...