Monday, September 26, 2016

Writers--Think About This


How long ago did you start writing? 20 years? 10 years? 1 year? More or less? No matter the number of years, you have made progress. Don't shake your head and tell me that you feel like you're stuck in a rut, have achieved little or nothing. Sure, you tell me, look at all the rejections I've gotten. Look at the frustrations I've lived through. Look at the writing friends who have surged ahead of me.

Even so, I am going to ask you to look back at your writing career. Think about the day you started. Think about the first time you worked up the courage to submit something you wrote. Think about the first rejection you received. Think about the melange of emotions you experienced then. Think about the very first time you were published and the effusive joy you had. Think about the many positives in your writing life.

And then, I am going to ask you to stand up tall and straight and be proud--so very proud--of what you have accomplished. Scratch the bad times. Consider only the good parts. You've worked hard. Now reap the happiness and surge ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loyalty Seems to Be Missing Lately

 All the things I read in the newspapers and hear on tv lately are disturbing. One more thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem...