Friday, November 13, 2015

An Attitude of Gratitude For Writers



This Thanksgiving month brings thoughts of gratitude to mind. We're told to count our blessings and November is a good time to do so. 

I have many things to be thankful for in my writing life. Most likely, you do, too. It's too easy to dwell on our rejections or writing projects that give us migraines. So today, I'm going to compose a list of things and people I am grateful for in my writing world. 

I am grateful for:
  • being strong enough to pursue the writing life in my fifties
  • having a goal of getting published and achieving it
  • my critique groups who have helped me grow as a writer
  • writing friends who support me
  • writing friends who rejoice at my good times and soothe during the bad ones
  • the willingness to continue learning the craft of writing
  • being able to accept rejection (that took awhile!)
  • living in a technological world that makes life easier for writers
  • this blog which ensures I write 5 days a week
  • the readers of this blog
  • the Followers of this blog
  • the many wonderful people I have met in my writing world
  • the writing conferences I've attended where I learn and mingle with other writers
  • being asked to conduct workshops at conferences to share with other writers
  • being able to read other peoples' books with the perspective of a writer
  • the gift of being a writer
  • the ability to bring pleasure and knowledge to others through my writing
You might consider making your own list. When you look it over, you might be surprised at how many blessings have come to you through your writing life. Keep the list handy and add to it. I'm sure I've missed a few things that should be on my list.

Have an attitude of gratitude as you traverse your writing journey. It might not hurt to thank another writer for the influence they may have had in your writing life. As the poster tells us, we need to express that thankfulness.

Share this post with other writers you know. Let's start an Attitude of Gratitude trend amongst the writing world.

2 comments:

  1. Just what I need to hear today. Your posts are always so encouraging. I will start my list tonight! Thank you for your diligence and for sharing your gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice comment. Have you signed on to be a Follower? If not, I'd love to have you do so.

      Delete

Loyalty Seems to Be Missing Lately

 All the things I read in the newspapers and hear on tv lately are disturbing. One more thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem...