Thursday, March 12, 2015

Why Do I Like The Number 17?







Earlier this week, I received my box of 10 copies of the latest Chicken Soup for the Soul book that has one of my stories in it. I loved the cover design of the Thanks to My Mom book. It's light and spring-like. Cheerful!

The release date is March 17th, just a few days from now. You can find it then in your favorite bookstore or preorder it now at Amazon. You can order either a paperback or kindle version. Filled with 101 stories about reasons we are grateful to our mothers, this would be the perfect Mother's Day gift for your mom, your daughter who is a mom, a friend or just for yourself.

My story in the books is titled "Mom's Recipe For Life" and is about how I came to realize that my mother gave a little bit of sunshine to everyone she met through a kind word or just a big smile. When I was a young girl, it embarrassed me that she spoke to everyone and was so outgoing but I came to see that this was one of her finest characteristics. And now--like mother, like daughter!

I liked the fact that the book will be released on the 17th because this is the 17th Chicken Soup book with one of my stories in it. It's still a thrill when I receive my acceptance letter and the books. Somehow, I don't think it will ever become ho-hum. At least, I hope not.

Have you checked the website to see what books the Chicken Soup editors have in the works? Maybe you have a story that will fit or can write one geared to the theme. Check out the page that will give you information on the upcoming books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Fee, No Pay! Hmmm!

  H U H? I was skimming through a lengthy list of journals whose closing dates were looming. Many were published at universities, some were ...