Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Stretch Your Writng Muscles




Today, I have a picture prompt for you. Quite often, when we do this exercise, the picture is one of a place. That allows for description and creativity on the writer's part as to what might happen in that place.

This one is a bit different. I will tell you only that the picture was taken when we were in Germany a few weeks ago.

It's up to you to decide what the woman is doing. What is she thinking about as she works? Where is she going when she's finished? Who might she be waiting for. What is her name? Does she have a family? Or is she single?

An exercise like this is a good warm-up for whatever else you might be writing today. Stretch your writing muscles now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet Ken Goetz, Writer and Blogger

  Ken Goetz and his granddaughter I think you'll find today's post of interest. I've interviewed a fellow blogger whom I would l...