Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Chicken Soup Call

Yesterday, I received a call via e-mail from the publishers of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books. They have selected 75 stories for a new Thanks, Dad book but need about 30 more to complete the book. They set a deadline only two weeks away. It would have been nice if I was the only one who received this news, but a few thousand other writers got it, too. And, if they're like me, they've been thinking hard about a story they might write.

I checked back in my submissions list for 2009 and discovered that I have already sent them two stories for this book. Either they haven't notified the finalists of those 75 stories already chosen, or neither one of mine made it. I'd like to think the first reason, but will wait and see.

Last night, as I tossed and turned, unable to get to sleep, I thought about something else I could consider a Thanks, Dad story. My dad took me to my very first dance. It was a Father-Daughter Dinner Dance put on by my Girl Scout Troop. Corny? Maybe. But it was really quite special for a girl to have her dad as her first dance date. Yep, that's the story I'll write and send to Chicken Soup. If only it wasn't December and if only the deadline wasn't two weeks away. But I'll move it to the top of my priority list

Go to http://www.chickensoup.com/form.asp?cid=submit_story for the guidelines and submission form.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Fee, No Pay! Hmmm!

  H U H? I was skimming through a lengthy list of journals whose closing dates were looming. Many were published at universities, some were ...